I can't set up a request email for Jira Service Desk Edited

Hi, 

I'm trying to define requests types from the email of our service desk, but i cant. When i click on "Activate Request Types", the JSD show me "To receive requests by email, you must have a request type with the Summary and Description fields visible. All other request type fields must be optional. You can create a new request type or modify an existing one here". I defined the issue type, issue type scheme, screen, screens scheme, workflow, fields, field scheme, Everything. But i cant solve this problem.

I already have an "Incident" issue type of problem in my JSD and it works normally, but i need set up a new issue type to receive the email like message said.

Please, someone could help me?

Regards

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion May 31, 2017

Danilo,

For the new request type you added are the Summary and Description fields included and visable? As the error states, that is required to have email creation work. The Summary is the subject of email and the Description is the email body. Likely stating the obvious here but simply trying to not overlook anything.

Thanks @Jack Brickey, I already solved this problem. The problem was in the field configuration, I defined two fields as "Required" in the global field configuration. Becouse of that, email requests can not create a problem. The request requires only two required fields (Summary and Description)

Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for teams who switched from email to Jira Service Desk

The Jira Service Desk marketing team is working on a guide to help new Atlassian customers switch from email to JSD and we'd love to hear from you! Please share: - What made you realize that i...

95 views 1 2
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you