How would I use script runner to detect if there was a comment added during a workflow transition screen?

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the Script Runner Plugin to detect if there was a comment added during a workflow transition screen. If that is true, then I want it to fire an "Issue Commented" event.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

You can create custom listener with a script runner and add the logic of analysis of issue and firing event there. See https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Listenersfor details

So I would need to use a custom listener instead of evaluating a condition to be true, is that correct? I was going down the "evaluate condition as true" path before, but if that's a non-starter, I'll look at a custom listener.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

674 views 4 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot