Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 'reporter' (not an agent-user) in a DBCF Dynamic Query clause on a Service Desk portal

BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

Hello, 

In service desk v2. context, i am looking for a way to filter a kepler custom DBCF field's data, based on the issue's reporter (user). 

sample query:

select distinct summary from jiraissue where project = 10300 AND issuestatus = 10201 and reporter = {reporter};

This functionality only works for "agent-users", for which the portal page exposes the reporter as an editable field ("Raise this request on behalf of")

However, for regular "customer-users", this reporter field is not exposed. Here the reporter value doesn't get passed to the dynamic query behind the DBCF field.

It seems that the field value used in the dynamic query needs to be visible & editable on the screen.

question How to use the (customer-user ) current-user / reporter in a Dynamic Query (SQL) in context of a DBCF ServiceDesk portal field?

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161561

Limited Workaround

When the user is member of "jira-users" group (and counts towards JIRA license count),

including {currentuser} in the WHERE- clause seems to do the trick..

Select distinct summary from jiraissue where project = 10300 AND issuestatus = 10201 and (reporter = {reporter} or reporter = {currentuser});

However, when the user is *a pure* servicedesk customer-user & does not belong to 'jira-users' group, the functionality doesn't work. cross 

So the question remains: question How to pass a servicdesk customer-user / reporter to the dynamic SQL, used on a SD portal?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

Hi Ben,

Database Custom Fields plugin requires additional information for the DBCF custom fields. We're using AJAX for that, just like anyone else. The problem is that we're not allowed to make any requests to the server when the logged in user is a portal user(i.e. user is not a member of 'jira-users'). This is caused by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-920. When this issue is resolved, we can add the support for portal users in DBCF. You can watch and vote the issue, if they notice there is an interest for it, they may fix it.

Best regards,

Silviu

BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2015

Thanks, it explains why it's not possible for DBCF to provide the functionality.
Will add my vote to JSD-920 & continue to look for a workaround.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2015

I added my vote too. If you find a workaround, let us know, maybe we can merge it into DBCF for a better experience.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events