Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "none" as default value in single select list?

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi,

I have a custom field of type single select list. The customer does not know how to fill in this field so I completely removed it from the customer portal and want to set a default value to it, that it appears for our agents in jira.

For a single select list there is already the value "none" and I would like to choose this as default. But when I do so, the field still does not appear in jira. I added another select option "undefined" and set this as default. This works, but now there is still the value "none" in the list I cannot get rid off.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

@H K, the 'none' is system implemented. You can never get rid off.

So long

Thomas

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Yes, that is what I said ;)

But is there a way to use this value as default?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2018

Selecting nothing when configuring a custom field is equivalent to selecting 'none'. You even could select 'none' from the options afterwards, but this will not add a default value of 'none' to the custom field.

To explain different: When talking with Jira via REST API, all custom fields that have the value 'none' selected have internally the value NULL:

"customfield_10400": null
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

Okay thanks for your answer.

Thats really dumb. If I don't set a default so the field is not shown in the ticket, our agents will surely forget to update this information.

Well, than I have to deal with my "ugly" but even more feasable solution.

plöt.png

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

Dear @H K,

was my answer good enough to be accepted or do you need more information?

Many Thanks

Thomas

H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Yes @Thomas Deiler, I am sorry I forgot to accept your answer.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events