How to show data from "Customer request type" on any Dasboard gadget?

Vladimir Krasotin January 25, 2018

Hi!

Does anybody know how to show data, existing in field "Request type", coming from Customer portal, into any Dashboard? Cannot find this field in any Dashboard gadget. Maybe some hints are needed?

Kind regards,

Vladimir 

5 answers

3 votes
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

I'm having the same problem.  Looks like this is a feature request:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1914.  Go vote for it!

I don't see it in the project-level reports either.  Mystifying since know the number of requests of a given type seems pretty basic.

John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

I did think of a workaround which I also posted in the issue above.  You can use Component:

* Create a Component for each Request Type

* Add the Component field as a hidden field to the request form for each request type and preset it to the right value.

* report off Component for now.

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Like # people like this
Joe Massi May 2, 2019

@John Price this is genius, worked perfect for me. Thanks for supplying this workaround!!!

Like John Price likes this
1 vote
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2020

If you want a free workaround do the following:

Create a custom field. (Call it something like 'Service Desk Request Type')

Create it as a Text Field (single line)

Now in your request type setup in your Service Desk, add the field into each of your request types.

Make the field 'Required' and 'Hidden' and pre populate it with the name of the request type.

This way each time a new ticket it logged, the Service Desk Request Type field will be stamped with the name of the request type for that ticket.

You will then be able to do JQL reporting/dashboards with this field.

Cheers

Phil

Alice Edwards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

The above doesn't seem to work. After creating a custom filed (and creating an automation to fill it) it doesn't appear as an option for statistic type. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

Hi @Alice Edwards , agreed, I don't think a text field will work. Try using single select. You might also try using labels.

Alice Edwards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

got it working via the components solution above, just wanted to add the comment here so that other people can see before going down the rabbit hole of getting jira administrators to create new fields

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

@Alice Edwards , One thing to add regarding using the components field so that others can be aware before going down that path. Components is a multi-select field so by using this field you could end up with more than one request type in your field which would throw your data off if you were using it for metrics.

0 votes
Rafa March 8, 2024

*SIX* YEARS LATER... (actually, make it *ELEVEN* YEARS... the feature request is from 2015!!!) and this is still not possible.  

From what I see, custom fields are not available on the dashboard statistics. And Request Type, for some reason, is a custom field internally.

I guess we'll have to resort to t  above. OR, using the "custom counter" widget as suggested in the comments of the feature request.

The amount of code duplication that must exist in the codebase in this platform must be huge, given all the inconsistencies across.. everything. And it seems nobody has touched the dashboard or reports sections in years, because they are pretty limited and old-looking

0 votes
Cael Metcalfe September 28, 2023

This is such a basic requirement for any service desk - the inability to get a volume of request type consumption that is scalable, ie without rigid statically defined report series, makes the service desk utilisation a big question mark in any organisation using JSM.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

do you mean "Customer request type". Try that.

Vladimir Krasotin January 26, 2018

I dont see column "Customer request type" in any Dashboard gadget. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events