Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share configuration between Jira Service Desk projects

Tamara December 12, 2019

Is there an easy way to share the configuration for request types including changes to the issue view and request form, customer permissions, SLAs, automation, etc between Jira Service Desk projects?

I am referring to Classic Service Desk projects, but I'd also be interested in hearing about Next-Gen options.

I tried creating a new project with 'Share settings with an existing project' ticked. That seemed to share the standard Jira schemes like workflows, permissions, screen scheme, etc. But it didn't seem to share any of the Service Desk specific configuration changes as mentioned above.

I understand that you probably don't want the 'People' details to be the same across projects, but it would be nice to have a common setup for things like request types.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

Tamara,

On cloud that is the only way to copy project settings from one service desk to another.  Those items that it copies can be easily shared and maintained across projects.  The other items are unique to each service desk and would need to be replicated.  If you are looking for some standardizations you might look at combining service desks into one.  

Tamara December 12, 2019

Thanks for the fast reply and good suggestion, Brant.

Tamara December 12, 2019

I was initially thinking of having different service desks for different customer organisations with:

• The same request types, SLAs, automation.
  • Different knowledge bases (got Confluence linked too).

I could combine them into one service desk project and still use different customer organisations within that. However, then they would share a knowledge base.

Do you know of any way to limit parts of a Confluence space to only certain service desk customers/organisations? When those customers are just customers, not Confluence users. I suspect it's not possible.

Sounds like my best bet is to leave them as separate service desks and manually set up the request types in each. That gives us more flexibility to change things later on too.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2019

Having two does sound the best for your business need.  You can limit Confluence KB at the service request level using confluence tags but at the portal level it will pull everything.  The limiting of KB is by subject matter and not by customer of organization.  Plus everyone would be able to see all of the request types which it sounds like could be different for each customer organization.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events