How to setup a custom screen for users and their tasks in JIRA

Az July 28, 2017

I want to create a custom screen which displays a table of users and their assigned tasks in order. 

An example would be:

Name           Task 1          Task 2        Task 3

Alex             exp-12          exp-15        exp-1

Jane             exp-3            exp-21       exp-4

I am the project manager and would like to order assigned tasks in this table. 

I could do this in an external program, e.g. google sheets, but I would prefer to remain within Jira if possible. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

The closest I can get to that in JIRA is a board with swimlanes set to assignee.

Az July 28, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- What does that look like and can you tell me/point to me a resource on how to set it up?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017
Az July 28, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I'm using jira service desk and I don't have any of those options. My configuration says dashboards and I can add certain gadgets to it. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Ah, you don't have Software.  OK, you can't really do this then.

You're going to need an add-on or to add the Software application.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I have never used JSD alone and have come to see them as inseperable for my needs. Certainly makes sense that the scrum/kanban feature would not be native to JSD, what about Dashboards? Assume that isn't there either?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

hmmm, i should read more closely. 

@Az, you indicate you see dashboard and can add gadgets. Can you add the two-dimensional gadget. if so you can do something like this...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Scrum and Kanban are in Software,  JSD provides the SLAs, portal and queue stuff.

JIRA Core provides dashboards (alongside issues, workflow, fields etc), and if you have Software or SD, you get to use them too.

I did think of a 2d filter as well, with Assignee down the left, but I'm not sure the groupings would be useful (I'd probably use status for the other axis) and it wouldn't show the issues until the user clicked through to the search.

Az July 28, 2017

@Jack Brickey I can't see the image

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

sorry. let's try that again. it is just as @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- says: assignees on the left and status across the top but that is configurable.

RNC_Dashboard_-_JIRA.jpg

Az July 28, 2017

Thanks guys that solves my problem. Much obliged :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Be sure to accept Nic's answer.

Az July 28, 2017

I don't see any option for accepting an answer. If I click on the three dots near the post, I only get 'Report inappropriate content'. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

Greyed out check mark beside Nic's first response shows 0 votes beside it. Just check check mark.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events