How to set the correct user roles?

Rafael Haymann March 1, 2019

Hello,

I'm setting up Jira Service Desk for our company. For the start only a limited group of people should be considered as agents. Other members of our organization should be considered customers. Unfortunately I can't find the exact terminology in the settings. Here I find the differentiation between: Administrators, Developers, Service Desk Customer, Service Desk Team, Tempo Project Members & Users. How can I find out which of the roles above relate to "Agents" and "Customers".

Thanks,

Rafael  

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

Hi @Rafael Haymann 

Welcome to the community,

Service Desk Customer ==> Customers

Service Desk Team ==> Developers

But depending on how you set up your project you do not need to add the customers to a role. If you do set it up so that you need to add them every time you will need to add/remove when a employee starts/stops working for the company. 

Just make sure you have "Service desk customer - portal access"  in your permission scheme in the functions where you want to give access to the customer. 

Regards

Dave

Rafael Haymann March 1, 2019

Hi Dave,

thanks for the feedback. So in order to make ensure that I don't have to pay the agent fee for normal customers I give all customers the role "Service Desk customer", right? 

Thanks,
Rafael

Dave Bosman _Realdolmen_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2019

You don't have to give them any role!

An account without any group is more than enough. 

Br,

Dave

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events