Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set start and end date of Service Desk Issue SLA timer?

Sebastian Kouba August 16, 2017

Instead of using the time the issue was created and resolved / closed I would like to be able to enter the start and end time of the outage manually, preferably in custom fields.

We often have very small outages, in the seconds range, that should be documented in JIRA issues, after the fact. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

@Sebastian Kouba, you can certainly create two custom fields if you like however, you will not be able to link this into JIRA's SLA method. You will have to establish a means of doing this manually.

Sebastian Kouba August 17, 2017

Thanks Jack. These "manual means" is what I'm after because we would like to have the SLA reporting...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

By manual I mean - not w/in JIRA. There isn't any method w/in JSDq to calculate the difference between two custom fields which would be needed if you wanted to show SLA achievement leveraging two custom date fields. You could export daily and use Excel to do this and create charts, etc. I guess it comes down with how you want to monitor SLA. The bottom line you aren't going to be able to replicate what JSD currently does in the way of SLA natively.

Daniel Brvnišťan March 2, 2020

JIRA Miscellaneous Custom Fields plus xCharts are good plugins for this.

But I also wish I could use custom date fields as Start and End of JSD SLA feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events