How to seperate various Groups on the basis of each Product (Default product should comes under respective groups)

balaji dinoct May 22, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a JIRA service desk in our production env and have done the below.

1. Created a single project
  2. Created single external group (A) & different internal groups (B, C, D)
  3. Created 3 products

Now, I need to know is it possible to seperate the internal groups on the basis of these 3 products. Let's say,

• group B & C by default belongs to 1st Product.
  • group B & D by default belongs to 2nd Product.
  • again group C belongs to 3rd Product.

ie: Default product should comes under respective groups, Is this possible?

or

How can we configure the 'product' to differnetiate various groups?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Use project roles in conjunction with groups. This is the only way to achieve this. You can specifically specific which users/groups belong to the project (i.e. service desks) roles.

balaji dinoct May 24, 2014

Timothy Chin,

Thank for your reply. Could you please briefly elabrate it.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

I retract my answer. There's no way to do this in Service Desk (SD) yet as SD's permissions rely on the project's roles and you can't put a role into the SD role.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events