Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send automatic emails when a customer uploads files

Vasilis Gerakis September 10, 2019

Hi, 

We use jira service desk and Cloud files app so the customers upload files directly to AWS S3 bucket when submitting a request to jira service desk. Is it possible to have an automation that will be triggered when a file upload is complete? We want our agents to receive an email from the system that the customer uploaded a new file.

Thank you,

Vasilis

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2019

Hi Vasilis,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
On Automation in a Service Desk project or using an add-on like Automation for Jira, there is no option to add the attachment as a trigger to run an automation.
When a customer adds an attachment on the portal or via email, this attachment is added in a comment. What could be done as a workaround is to add an automation that runs when a comment is added and if the comment contains the text "attachment" it will alert a user.

Screenshot 2019-09-11_14-33-30-567.png

Regards,
Angélica

Vasilis Gerakis September 11, 2019

Thank you Angelica for your reply. We use Simple Cloud Files for attachments because our customers have large files. When a file is uploaded through this app, a comment is not added.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

@Vasilis Gerakis 

Not sure if help is still needed on this topic, but I have noticed that some tags were missing. I added the tags for "marketplace and integrations" and  Simple Cloud Files add-on to increase the chances to get an answer on this.

I am also mentioning @Anthony De Moss  in here since he is usually answering questions related to the Simple Cloud Files app and maybe he can help. 

Cheers,
Dario

Vasilis Gerakis October 28, 2019

Thank you @Dario B indeed help is still needed! 

Like Dario B likes this
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

Thanks @Dario B for bringing this to my attention.

@Vasilis Gerakis sorry for the delayed response. For some reason we didn't get a notification email on this.

To answer your question: at the moment there is no way to send an email from our end when something happens, as Atlassian doesn't provide us with a access to any emails of users/customers or a way to send something on your behalf.

As for triggering an event/automation, I will have to investigate the possibility of that and see if Atlassian exposes any such functionality. If it does, we'll definitely add it.

Hypothetically, would you be open to adding a custom field to your issues that our plugin can update with messages? The idea being, if there is no functionality for vendors to trigger events/messages, we could update the custom field when something happens, which in turn would trigger issue change notifications, etc. That might be a way to step around the limitations.

Cheers,
Anthony

Like # people like this
Vasilis Gerakis November 17, 2019

@Anthony De Moss this is a very nice idea and of course I am open to this. Please let me know if and when this becomes possible.

Regards,

Vasilis

Like Dario B likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events