Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict customers of certain organizations from uploading attachments in Jira Service Desk

Abhi August 13, 2019

Consider the following scenario:

I have n customer organizations added to my service desk project as users.

All the request types in my service desk project has "Attachment" as a field.

Out of the n customer organizations , I want to restrict k customer organizations from viewing the attachment field or restrict attachment from them when they want to log in any requests to my service desk.

How do I achieve this from a single service desk project that I have?

1 answer

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hello @Abhi 

This is a little tricky, so you will need to edit the permission scheme for Create Attachments, the tricky part is that permissions cant be granted to the organization, they can be granted to groups, users, project roles.

To achieve this you could create an internal group via group management and add all the people except people from organizations you don't want to have permission to add attachments.

Please read this extensive documentation 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-file-attachments-938847851.html

BR, Olga

Abhi August 14, 2019

Hi Olga,

Thank you. This was very very useful.

Abhi August 14, 2019

@Olga Videc 

I have added a customer through my service desk project but when I am trying to add him to a group as a member I created , the customer is not shown in the list. How do I add customers to groups?

Abhi August 14, 2019

To clarify - I want customers of some of the organizations to be able to upload attachments and the other organizations and their customers not to be able to so.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events