How to raise a request under request type "Hidden from Portal" as an admin?

ani rosita March 5, 2018

How to raise a request under request type "Hidden from Portal" as an admin?

3 answers

1 vote
Adrián Plaza [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

Hi @ani rosita,

It's not possible to create a Request Type "Hidden from Portal" directly in JIRA Service Desk.

You need to create a new Request Type With the same Issue Type and after the request is being created in JIRA you can change the Request Type to the "Hidden from Portal".

For example:

Screenshot_1.png

Create a new one of this "Present" Request Type with the issue type "Solicitud de servico":

Screenshot_2.png

I have a Hidden from portal Request Type "Email" with the same Issue type:

Screenshot_3.png

Then I go to the agent view and change the Request Type:

Screenshot_4.png 

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

I hope this help to solve your problem.

Regards,

Adrián.

Richard Cross March 30, 2021

This doesn't answer the original question.  The OP was asking whether you can use a hidden Customer Request to raise a Jira issue (via the portal, as admin), to which the answer is "no".

Like Mark Ellis likes this
0 votes
Joe Pursel June 10, 2022

Adrián Plaza [DEISER]'s reply to

You need to create a new Request Type With the same Issue Type and after the request is being created in JIRA you can change the Request Type to the "Hidden from Portal", worked for me.

I then created a rule that looks like the one below. Auto for jira rule to set customer request type to a hidden request type.png

Issued created via email are labeled 'created-via-email' which makes the query work. The Customer Request Type used is Email Ticket and is hidden in the projects portal.

0 votes
Jo Dolton April 26, 2019

You can raise a hidden request via the Create Issue link which you'll find in the Quick links gadget, in the dashboard (you can then add a shortcut to this page from your project sidebar for all agents to use) It looks different to the way you raise via the portal, but means you don't have to raise it as one request type first.

I hope that helps someone else looking to do this - it took me a while to realise it.

Regards

J

Micha May 28, 2019

@Jo Dolton Don't you lose the functionality to interact with the customer then?

Jo Dolton May 29, 2019

You can only keep the tickets hidden from customers by not adding them in as a reporter/organisation etc. So for us we have a number of issue/request types that need to follow a different workflow but realistically the customer will not know to pick these via the choices in the portal. So if they raise a ticket as Support, then we realise once investigated that it's a particular type of support (e.g. needs a code change to the software), we can move the ticket into that alternative issue type to pick up the correct workflow (allowing for all the quality checks required etc.).  As long as the customer is still noted on the ticket (reporter etc.) they will still see it's progress via their online portal.

We do have other tickets - such as Internal incidents that affect customers but we do not want them to see all the details, so in this case we just raise the ticket against our company instead and use an alternative field to show which customer may be affected. Again this ticket type is hidden from the front portal so that customers don't accidentally raise their tickets against it.

I hope that helps.

Jo

Richard Cross March 30, 2021

"via the Create Issue link which you'll find in the Quick links gadget"

Could you explain this a little more please?  Is this a Cloud-version feature, or also available in Server/Data Center?  I don't see a "Quick links gadget".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events