cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent some request types to be used for ticket creation

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2018

Hello

We have setup our JIRA Service Desk with a single "Incident" request type and choose to categorize it after issue is solved thanks to per-application incident request types for statistics/reporting.

First, these "categorized" request types are "hidden from portal" to prevent user to create them (and to avoid administrator to configure creation form fields for each of them)

But as a side-effect, when a "Incident" ticket has been switched to a specific tool  request type, customer user has no longer access to it. And what is strange is that "My requests" counter still report about them !

Definitely "hidden from portal" request types have been designed for email or automation.

What would be an alternative to our way of doing such "single incident" creation form and "categorized request types" for statistics ?

Is there a way to prevent only ticket creation with some specific regular request types (so not "hidden from portal") ? (either with Script Runner or any other plugin)

Thank you in advance for your help

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2018

Have you considered simply creating a custom field for internal use of categorization?

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2018

Yes in fact, but as we have created one request type per category as "Change Request", we have expected to have similar organisation for "Incident" after categorization by agent.

So adding a select list with category and preset its value in "Change" request types in hidden field would be a proper/homogeneous option I have not thought about at first glance.

Thanks for challenging me again with this idea I rejected initially

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

After investigations, we preferred to use "Label Manager" plugin so that project administrators can tune their own label list for "Categorisation" instead of a select list (requires jira admin rights)

0 votes
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2018

Yves,

When you move an issue from incident to another issue type, the customer request type will be empty.

You will have to set it manually or create an automation rule for that.

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2018

Thanks for the hint. But in our case, we do not "move to another issue type", we only change "Customer Request Type" field value to another request type (which is at the moment "hidden from portal")

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2018

If you change the customer request type, it should be visible for the customer, even when the customer request type is hidden in the portal.

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2018

If you are sure about it, I have to review my issue "Security Levels"... troubles may come from there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events