Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent new issues from being assigned to jira service desk agents during their days off?

Tim Fry August 27, 2018

How can we prevent new JIRA Service Desk issues from being assigned to Service Desk Agents during their scheduled days off?

Example:

Agent 1 works 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with Wednesday and Sunday off.

Agent 2 works 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with Monday and Tuesday off.

How do we prevent new or high priority issues from being assigned to Agent 1 on Wednesday or Sunday?

----------

Additionally, how do we prevent an agent from "holding on" and remaining assigned to a high priority ticket through their off-day(s)?

Example, Agent 1 is assigned high priority issue on Tuesday, however that user is unable to resolve the issue before they leave for the day and therefore "holds" (remains assigned) on the ticket, which delays an additional 24 hours before issue is resolved and therefore counting against our department SLAs.

Any ideas would be very welcome.  Thank you!   

1 answer

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

How are these agents being assigned tickets originally?

Tim Fry August 27, 2018

Most of the time, they are just self-assigning them through the queue when they work on them. 

However, we do have some settings to assign tickets to agents where they are the project lead or component lead.  Which works for 90% of use-cases, but we still run into this SLA issue when individuals are absent.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

You may be able to setup a project automation that automatically un-assign an issue is assigned. It may be a manual process, but I can't think of any other way for Jira to recognize the person will be missing that day.

WHEN: ISSUE CREATED

IF: ISSUE MATCHES: Assignee IN (first.person, second.person)

THEN: EDIT ISSUE: Assignee = Unassigned

Tim Fry August 30, 2018

@Raynard Rhodes - I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think that is going to work for our setup.  Thank you!

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

No problem. Do let me know if you find something out because this is a unique situation.

Tim Fry August 30, 2018

@Raynard Rhodes - Will do.   Sincerely appreciate the suggestion.

However, I don't believe this is a unique situation.  I've worked with other organizations whom used other support ticket management systems (such as ZenDesk), that natively allow for various schedule related routing/workflow rules to be specified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events