Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent an agent from creating customers

Adrien kovanic October 26, 2017

Hi, 

I have a client that doesn't want his operators to create new costumers (since they are all created via LDAP) 

how should I proceed? I don't see any permission preventing this? 

thanks a lot 

best regards

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

Adrien,

One of the core functions of JIRA service desk is to raise requests for individuals that you are working with over phone or email.  I don't believe that you can prevent this functionality.  There is a request into Atlassian to prevent new creation on CC but nothing to prevent agents from creating customers.

adrien.kovanic October 30, 2017

hi, sorry but I help desk is something that companies can pay for. and I need only the list of users already created to be able to create issues. 

I don't want an agent to create a user since he doesn't know the support contracts signed.... 

0 votes
Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

If you have public signup turned off for Service Desk does it still let them create customers? This setting is under the Administration area > Applications > JIRA Service Desk > Configuration.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2017

Agents would still have the ability to create a customer or add a customer via raise a request that just prevents external users from creating accounts via email or through the portal.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events