Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to notify a specific User when a Service Desk request is generated?

Gregorio Luiz Gomez September 24, 2014

We want a specific team member to be sent an email notification every time a Service Desk request is created or updated. I've had a poke around with Notification schemes and workflow, but couldn't figure out how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

Greg.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

In the notification scheme for the project, there is an "Issue Created" notification.  You can add a single user to that notification, which would do what you're after. Keep in mind that default behavior is that you do not receive notifications for actions that you make yourself, so if the person creates an issue, they won't get an email unless they have changed their notification preferences.  I hope that helps.

Gregorio Luiz Gomez September 24, 2014

This was my problem, I thought it wasn't working, but it was because I was testing on my own. It all worked fine as soon as I got someone else involved in the testing. ;) Thanks for the help!

0 votes
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Might be worth considering a 'Component' that is preset on Service Desk issues raised, then in your notification scheme, on issue created, choose 'Component Lead'.  I think that could work.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events