Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a Jira Service Desk project from Development to Production

Dina Goncharenko June 1, 2016

Hello,

We have set up JSD in Development and now need to move it to Production. What is the best way of doing it?

Thank You!

Dina

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 21, 2017

Hey,can someone please let me know the process of import and export the service desk projects from Production Environments to Development Environments?

0 votes
Thomas Ender June 1, 2016

Hello Dina,

that is easily done via Export (Backup)/ Import Project function in JIRA and Export / import Space in Confluence using the build in \dav repository 

Worked straight forward for me in JSD Cloud from one domain (like test.atlassian.net) to another (prod.atlassian.net)

Regards

Thomas

Daysha Consulting June 2, 2016

I'm curious about this. When you exported and imported JSD did the importer recreate all of your configuration. I've seen problems where the request types and even workflows did not come across.

Thomas Ender June 2, 2016

No Problems seen so far. It felt like there had just the url changed (what was not the fact). And we custmized quite a few things. Just try it, you could roll back by deleting the imported project and the imported space any time.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Hey Thomas, did you moved the whole instance to a new server (new domain) or you moved one project to a server where other projects already existed?

Hey Peter, the second I copied a single Project from one Cloud instance to another cloud instance.

Regards Thomas 

... and yes, on the second instance were some other projects alteady existing (with different names though)

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

were the automation rules, request forms and other SD specific configurations imported?

I am just curious as this does not work for me, and I tried last last week.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2016

Yes. I had the same experience hence my first comment.

Thomas Ender June 3, 2016

as I said

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events