Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage issues related to asset that is tied to specific customer

Carl Wiedebaum January 8, 2018

Hi, 

I'm currently planning and testing JIRA service desk and how it would fit to our company processes when it comes to customer support. 

I've read the Atlassian e-book "Jira for asset management" but it seems like we need a "extra layer" on top of the asset layer - Customers. We would like to have customers that has specific assets (machines) in use, and when there is issue with one of these machines - A JIRA ticket is opened. 

Inside JIRA we are mostly only handling the issues - but the machine and customer layer are required for knowing the use environment and to gain "history wise knowledge" so that we can keep track if there is bunch of issuer raised to specific customer and not for anyone else.

I've made some test's now using only the issues and assets layers and the manual issue linking is feeling bit labour intensive ( I need to dig in to this if it can be automated) and I fear that if we add another layer on top of that - the manual issue linking would become even more labour intensive. 

So - has anyone else have any similar use cases in hand? If so how did you manage them? Or if you have any ideas how to tackle these, all input is welcome. 

Thanks

-Carl 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hi Carl,

If you plan to manage assets, have a look at the add-on Insight, it is a CMDB for Jira.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight/overview

If you plan on doing it with native Jira tools, you will need to be original!

Carl Wiedebaum January 10, 2018

Thanks - I definitely need to give Insight a closer look.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events