How to make dynamic forms?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

HI.

I'm in my trial period with JSD and one of the things I can't seem to resolve is to have the request form to be dynamic.

For example: If I present a checkbox field with the question "Which platform you experience issues?"

Then, based on the customer's answer, present the relevant fields further down the form.

Hopefully, this can be achieved without an add-on.

4 answers

0 votes
Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi Gil

You could look at ProForma in the marketplace (a free and paid version).  It does dynamic logic  (conditional logic) to organise question design.   There is also the ability for the end user (customer) to edit their forms (subject to the agents permission and have the ability to add multiple forms.   That may also support the design.  To be upfront, I am from ProForma but happy to assist.

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm trying to avoid addons since we're running a very small team (under 10) and it just becomes too pricey at this point for us :)

Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Totally understandable.  Good luck with it.

sainath gadekallu July 6, 2020

@Kate Caldecott  does this plugin works only for the service desk portal, or can we also use this for create and edit screens to make them dynamic? Like behaviors in script runner in the Jira server. Thank you.

0 votes
Firas Amer January 23, 2019

You can create different projects ( e.g Product 1, product 2, product 3) and different request types under them (e.g. :server, hybrid, cloud..) and define different forms for them (the representation in service desk looks very good)....BUT! this is a lot of manual work, and only kinda 2 levels. 

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2019

In our case, it doesn't make sense to have different projects, since we're running a small support team, so one project to rule them all is what we do :)

But thanks for the suggestion!

0 votes
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

it won't work for cloud

This is their support response:

"I can confirm that the ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms to link or hide fields like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

Also, I can confirm that the plugin cannot dynamically populate field values like it can in the server version can with the Behaviors feature. 

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provides a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains."

0 votes
Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2019

Hello @Gil,

Unfortunatelly you need for example Behaviours (ScriptRunner) to make this happen. There is no way you can do that without add-on.

Best regards,

Jakub 

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2019

Can this work on the cloud instance of Jira? I'm not sure that scriptrunner provides this for cloud.

Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events