How to hide the approvers field from customer portal in JSD?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi.

When I select to hide and pre-populate the field with an approver, I expect to have this field hidden from the customer portal.

However, the field "Approvers" is still visible on the customer portal.

Is there a different way of forcing it to be hidden?

Why doesn't JSD respect the "hide" settings like it does with other fields?

Is there a free add-on that can brute-force the visibility of fields on the customer portal?

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Gil,

Can you please provide some screenshots of this happening? It sounds like everything is set up correctly. Hiding a field should remove it from the customer portal.

Thanks,

Kian

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Here you go:

Request type field settings

new feature.png

Customer portal view:customer portal.png

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Ahh, I see. You don't want the approver to show underneath the "Needs Approval" section?

customer portal.png

I don't think there is a way to hide this section within Jira cloud.

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

yes, I don't want the customers to see this field and I'm really curious why did Atlassian think it's a good idea to NOT provide an option to control what is visible and what not in the customer portal, cloud or sever.

I really dislike how half baked solutions are making out to production.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2019

Gil,

I'm sorry this isn't the answer  you were looking for! I took a quick look and didn't see an open feature suggestion for that. You should be able to add it here.

Like Gil likes this
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2019

It will never be looked at by Atlassian. Unless it's the much desired Dark Mode, this will be ignored as the rest of the things one would expect to work out of the box.

Thank, Kian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events