How to hide a project from the Customer Portal?

I have a number of legacy and internal service desk projects that I want to hide from our customer portal.

How can I hide a service desk project from the Customer Portal?

2 answers

In the project settings you can change the Customer permissions.

Who can raise requests? --> Customers who are added to the project

0 votes
Susan Hauth Community Champion Jan 09, 2018

You can't hide them, but you can reduce the customers who can access them.  Unless a customer is the customer role, they will not see the Service Desk or know it exists.

Hope that helps

Susan

In our case this is not true. Altough the customer is not in the service desk customers role (checked in project settings > users and roles AND user management > user > view project roles) he is listed in the in the "customers"-section of this project, and he is able to view this project in the portal.

I don't know if it matters, but we created our additional service desk projects with the option "Create with shared configuration".

And we need public signup because we are a service provider and won't be able to priorly create the accounts, so the setting "Who can raise requests? --> Customers who are added to the project" is not an option for us.

(Jira Service Desk 3.12.2)

Any ideas for this purpose?

We have some projects that we some of the service desk features for unlicensed customers but do not want to clutter our portal up with projects we don't want the end users submitting directly to these projects but they need to be on the project in order to view the requests that are generated on their behalf.

For example in a CAPA process we have a seperate projects for training, investigation, and end user submission.  The end user submits what they found wrong, management creates plans for correction/prevention, then training requests would be created on behalf of the user for their training.  We want the user to be able to access and view the new training issue when logged into their portal but we do not want to clutter the main portal page or, now that I think about it, to be used as a suggestion when searching.  

Basically the a service desk project but being able to mark it as hidden from portal views would be awesome.  The portal gets cluttered with way to many projects way to quickly, deciding on if I want to clutter up the portal shouldn't be one of the considerations I have to make when deciding if I really NEED that project to have service desk properties.

Like 1 person likes this

Same request here! I want an email-only project that isn't visible from the customer portal.

Susan Hauth Community Champion Mar 01, 2019

Hi Scott,

That shoudl be very easy to accomplish.  Just create one request type "Email" and hide it in the request types,

Susan

That would work if the project (with all requests types hidden) was then hidden from the portal.

Unfortunately, a stub for the project is still visible and displays the following:

Service Desk.png

Susan Hauth Community Champion Mar 01, 2019

You know, I thought that about 2 mins after I answered the question. 

So then the only way I know how to do that is to use the app: Extension for Jira Service Desk - Under Visibility they have an option to hide the portal itself.

Hope that helps...Susan

p.s. this app is full of great missing features for service desk.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 13, 2019 in Jira Service Desk

What's new in Jira Service Desk Server: Introducing 4.0 & more - Feb 2019

Hello Atlassian Community!  I'm Teresa, the Product Marketing Manager   for Jira Service Desk Server at Atlassian. I'm excited to announce two exciting releases for Jira Service De...

363 views 1 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you