How to hide a project from the Customer Portal?

I have a number of legacy and internal service desk projects that I want to hide from our customer portal.

How can I hide a service desk project from the Customer Portal?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

In the project settings you can change the Customer permissions.

Who can raise requests? --> Customers who are added to the project

This widget could not be displayed.
Susan Hauth Community Champion Jan 09, 2018

You can't hide them, but you can reduce the customers who can access them.  Unless a customer is the customer role, they will not see the Service Desk or know it exists.

Hope that helps

Susan

In our case this is not true. Altough the customer is not in the service desk customers role (checked in project settings > users and roles AND user management > user > view project roles) he is listed in the in the "customers"-section of this project, and he is able to view this project in the portal.

I don't know if it matters, but we created our additional service desk projects with the option "Create with shared configuration".

And we need public signup because we are a service provider and won't be able to priorly create the accounts, so the setting "Who can raise requests? --> Customers who are added to the project" is not an option for us.

(Jira Service Desk 3.12.2)

Any ideas for this purpose?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

11,158 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you