Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hidden projects from customer portal for specified groups or customers

Erik Liu April 5, 2018

Hi,

We want to let some projects NOT able to be accessed from customer portal for their customers, and let some projects only can be accessed from customer portal for parts of their customers.
For example:
We have 3 projects X, Y, Z.
A, B and C are the customers for these 3 projects.
Now A, B, C can access these 3 projects from customer portal.

But our expect result as following:
Project X is not able to be accessed by all customers.
Project Y is only can be accessed by customer A, customer B and C are not able to access it from customer portal.
Project Z can be accessed by all customers.

How can I do it in JIRA Service Desk?
Now I only can add javascript to the help center/customer portal page, but I can’t control the data.

Regards
Erik

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Hi Erik,

To clarify, every 'service desk' type project comes with a portal which cannot be turned off. 

That said, what you CAN do is hide all requests for a certaian project (standard JSD feature). That way, even though your customers will technically be able to access the portal for that project, they wont be able to raise any requests, because all request types will be hidden. I suppose that'll work for your project X.

For project Z you don't really have to do anything.

Project Y however is a bit trickier. You can't really hide a request type from one customer and show it to another. What you CAN do is use a custom validator (I'd personally go with a scripted one) which would display an error message if a "wrong" customer tries to crate a request. Not the most elegant solution, I know, but it's the only one that comes to mind. I suppose that MAY BE you can hide request types from certain customers using a 3rd party addon, but I'm not aware of any such addons and so I encourage you to peruse Atlassian Marketplace.

Erik Liu April 5, 2018

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. We know that the current Jira Service Desk is not support our requirement.

We have tried to find 3rd plugin and asked help from Atlassian Support, but we didn't get what we want.

As you said, for project X, we can hide the request types to avoid the customer raise a request from customer portal, but this will makes them confusion. So we still need to hide the project what we don't want to open portal.

Now we are trying to code by ourselves to do this. But we found that even though we can hide the project from the help center, but we can't do this for the request page.

As we know that,  if the customer has created a request to the project by email automation, he also can see it at the request page.

So we are researching how to hide the request on the request page now.

Thanks

Erik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events