How to have relative time in Jira Response, resolution, comments, update, history, activity etc.

Abhijit Kirdat November 3, 2017

Hi Team,

How to have relative time in JIRA Response, resolution, comments, update, history, activity etc. Currently it is showing 1 hr ago, 4 hr ago etc but we want exact time stamp like 03-11-2017 2:16 PM or 03-11-2017 3:44 PM etc.

In Response & resolution we are getting pending duration i.e. if SLA is 1 hr and time laps 45 min then it will show 15 min or If time laps 1:15 hr then it shows -15 min but it should show 1:15 hr itself.

Please let me know how to change the same.

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

To disable the "relative" time feature in JIRA server, you have to modify system properties and perform a restart. In particular, you have to shut down JIRA, navigate to the JIRA home directory, and either modify (or add) the  jira-config.properties. 

Put on the bottom of the file: 

jira.lf.date.relativize = false

Save the file and perform a restart of JIRA. This should address the first part of your question. 

I don't know of any way to address the question about SLA's within JIRA. I very much doubt that SLA's are able to be formatted in that way. An SLA is a measurement of time taken on an item based on a specific criteria of how to measure that time. It isn't a "due date" exactly.

Abhijit Kirdat November 3, 2017

But If i look at SLA timing then the timing it shows is pending time and not the time that laps. It should how total time laps, if it crosses the SLA time then it will give red color.

Abhijit Kirdat November 7, 2017

Thanks it works !!!

Abhijit Kirdat November 9, 2017

Can we change SLA display timing to Elaps timing.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2017

No, the SLA display is measuring the elapsed time the issue is with you (rather than waiting on the customer) and displaying how close to the deadline you are.

The elapsed time itself is of less use, because you don't really care about it, you care how close to crossing the line you are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events