Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle requests during the absence of an agent?

Krystian Mularczyk May 29, 2019

Hello Community!

Do you have any suggestions about how to handle requests assigned to agents that are currently absent because of sick leave or holidays, etc.?

Plain and simple question :) Now we have a list of issues assigned to agent A. He's work during the absence is handled by agent B, but is there any convenient way to do it?

Changing Assignee is pointless I guess, because we cannot revert it back after agent A will be back...

Any clues? :)

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

OOTB Options:

1. create a status that the agent would transition his/her issues into when on PTO, e.g. PTO. Then create a queue for PTO and instruct your available agents to monitor and work. Of course on return the agent should move back to In Progress.
  2. create a queue for unassigned and have the agents move any issues in their queue to unassigned and have the available agents keep the unassigned queue in check. agent returns he/she should take them back

In reality I expect not all issues would need to be handled while they are out, e.g. low priority issues.

Krystian Mularczyk June 3, 2019

Jack, thank you for your propositions.

I guess it does not solve our issue. We have a quite big turnover on issues, so we're looking for a solution that would generate notifications for the agent that replaces PTO agent.

In this case, there would be no difference between those propositions and a method where you instruct agent B to take care of all agent A's issues.

That's interesting that there is no OOTB solution for such a normal life situation in SD environment :)

Like Devin Ponda likes this
1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

Hi Krystian,

That is tricky and I have not seen anything OOB to handle.  DId you look at this app:

Elevator - Smart Issue Assignment

Susan

Krystian Mularczyk June 3, 2019

Thank you Susan!

I will take look, but we are looking for any good OOTB solution/method. I guess our issue should be quite common and there is nothing fancy about it. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events