Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a Users activity tracking report in JIRA?

Venkatesh May 31, 2017

Need to generate the Users Worklog Activity report from JIRA. Purpose is taking the timesheet report.

2 answers

3 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

Hello all,

There has been a lot of views on this thread recently meaning that a lot of people are still looking for a good solution,  And I have recently discussed a few options in two newer but related threads as possible solutions viewable at the links below:

And I particularly wanted to draw attention to this portion as I believe it lines up as the best solution here:

There is a really good exe on how to do this on a per user basis from the API with example scripts linked via github repos in the following community post, which could be easily modified to exclude the user specific worklog and focus on the full release details, and would be a really good starting point to pull and collate the data set:

Hope this info help y'all out

Regards,
Earl

Jeanne Howe March 23, 2021

@Earl McCutcheon 

The reports you reference only report on time logged. I am looking for a report to show all activity by user i.e. hours logged, comments added, issue transitioned. Does Atlassian have anything along these lines?

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hello @Jeanne Howe ,

A few options to look into would be that you can use an activity stream gadget on your dashboard and adjust the filter of this gadget to "Add a global filter" using saved filters for the specific users you want to track for a dashboard-style reporting option. this would be good for a quick view status update report.

Next, if you wanted a more detailed report you could look into third party add-ons such as  Issue History for Jira Cloud. as mentioned in this comment on a related thread:

With some other related apps listed at the link below for user tracking:

And another option is to use the google sheets add-on "Jira Cloud for Sheets" or the Excel Add-on "Jira Cloud for Excel (official)"  using a time-based polling effort with something like a "Custom Functions in Google Sheets"  or "Excel VBA macro"  to update the reports on an interval for the periodic view with a compare between reports.

Like # people like this
3 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2017

Hi Venkatesh,

You can generate the report by going to the Project, clicking on Reports on the right.  In the window scroll down to User Workload Report under Forecast & management.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Venkatesh June 4, 2017

Thanks Branden.

This option gives me to generate only for the particular project, but i required to generate the User's Activity report for all the user's across the projects with monthwise.

Like # people like this
Marc Demhartner May 8, 2018

Did you manage to find such function/report ? I am also looking for such an option

Like Amein Eskinder likes this
Rob Crowell August 1, 2018

As am I. We need to produce a monthly report of all JIRA users for auditing purposes.

Joshua Sisk April 25, 2019

Anyone figure out a way to do this Jira-wide, not just for one project?

Oleksii Mikov July 17, 2020

+1 looking for this feature

Jaco Steyn February 4, 2021

Is there a solution for this request yet? 

Elizabeth Jones June 9, 2022

I also require this feature

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events