Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forward customer comment to approvers?

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hello

When a request is pending for approval, it is expected Approvers ask for details/motivation to customer.

My current custom workflow faces following issue: customer's answer to approver's question as a request comment is not forwarded to approver.

Notification Scheme is not an option, as approvers are no longer interested in receiving customer/agent comments after approval.

Is this a generic Service Desk limitation or is my setup incomplete?

Have you got ideas how to implement such "comment forward to approvers" feature in JIRA ServiceDesk either with Automation rule, Adaptavist Script Runner or any additional plugin?

Thank you in advance

Yves

3 answers

0 votes
AJohnston May 10, 2022

This seems like a simple enough thing, but Jira doesn't see that it's gotten enough traction to do. There's currently only one Suggestion similar open. Upvote https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-5506 if you want to be able to send comments on approval emails.

0 votes
Jeff Santos April 23, 2019

Hi @Yves Martin

Did you managed to solve this problem?

I have the same situation here.

I need to find a way to send the comment added to the approver, however, the notification rule does not allow adding the comment variable into the notification.

I have already added the approvers field on the notification scheme, under the Issue Commented" event, but the approver is not listed on the e-mail sent.

Thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user April 10, 2018

Hi @Yves Martin,

My suggestion would be to set up an custom Automation rule that has the following Conditions:

• IF Comment Added
  • Conditions: Issue Matches (change the JQL query to advanced to filter the attributes that would match your requirements).
  • THEN Alert User

This way, the automation rule would only notify the Approvers under specific conditions without them being spammed by notifications.

Hope this helps

Yves Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hello @[deleted]

The "Alert User" action requires to hardcode user accounts, I cannot alert users in "Approvers" custom field.

The same way "Send an email" only proposes "Reporter (customer)" and "Customers involved"... https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

I wonder if an option may be to enlist "Approvers" into "Request participants" only for the "approval" phase...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events