Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force users to raise a request in the Portal for some issue types?

Nick Hassell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

I want to prevent users from creating an issue in Jira (i.e. using the '+' icon) and force them to use the portal.  I only want this to apply to some issue types.  This is because the portal forces a request type to be specified, along with hidden field settings and mandatory fields dependent on the request type.

I know that I can change permissions to prevent users from being able to create an issue, but this applies to all issue types.

I have access to ScriptRunner and Automation for Jira.  I have tried to write a Validator on the Create transition to inspect the issue properties, but this appears to be not available until after the issue has been created.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this please?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that unfortunately it is not possible to prevent users from clicking the + icon inside of Jira Cloud to create an issue with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

The reason for this is that the Atlassian Rest API documentation located here does not provide any methods for restricting who can click this button or to hide the button and ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud can only use the public rest API's which Atlassian provides. 

I understand that this response is frustrating but please understand that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is restricted to only use the public API's which Atlassian provide as explained above.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Nick Hassell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

@Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_   Thanks for the answer.  Do you know why the properties field is not set during the Create transition?  Is this a bug I should raise with Atlassian?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2020

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

I cannot say why the properties are not set during the create transition as this is an Atlassian issue and  I would advise you speak to them about this.

I can however advise that for post functions on the create transition that it is always best to order these below the post function named Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database in order to ensure the issue has been created before you run your post function in order to ensure the issue exists when your code is run.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Nick Hassell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

Thanks - I've raised a ticket with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events