Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out who are existing Jira Service Desk agents?

Duncan Heuer October 13, 2019

Does anyone know how to find out who is an agent in JSD?

I'm working on a project to migrate tickets to a new Service Desk project.  The current project is such a spaghetti of filters and automation that it was easier to start a new project with workflows that make sense than figure out how to untangle the current project.

I can't work out how to tell who is an agent on the current project to invite them to the team.

When I go into project settings -> people, I'm given a dropdown like this:

• Administrators
  • BI Team
  • Developers
  • Project Collaborators
  • Service Desk Collaborators
  • Service Desk Customers
  • Service Desk Team

Would "service desk team" be the list of agents?

A second question I have is, once I find out who are agents, would adding these people as agents in the second (new) JSD project mean that we have to pay for new agent licenses?  In other words would it effectively double the number of agents?

1 answer

0 votes
Ravya Mutyala {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hi @Duncan Heuer ,

People who are under Service Desk Team will be considered as agents.

For more clarification regarding agents, customers, and collaborators please refer to this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles

To answer your second question if you are adding the same agents (who are under Service Desk Team) from one project to another project in the same instance then it will not affect your license. 

--Ravya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events