Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to find out who are existing Jira Service Desk agents?

Does anyone know how to find out who is an agent in JSD?

I'm working on a project to migrate tickets to a new Service Desk project.  The current project is such a spaghetti of filters and automation that it was easier to start a new project with workflows that make sense than figure out how to untangle the current project.

I can't work out how to tell who is an agent on the current project to invite them to the team.

When I go into project settings -> people, I'm given a dropdown like this:

• Administrators
  • BI Team
  • Developers
  • Project Collaborators
  • Service Desk Collaborators
  • Service Desk Customers
  • Service Desk Team

Would "service desk team" be the list of agents?

A second question I have is, once I find out who are agents, would adding these people as agents in the second (new) JSD project mean that we have to pay for new agent licenses?  In other words would it effectively double the number of agents?

1 answer

Hi @Duncan Heuer ,

People who are under Service Desk Team will be considered as agents.

For more clarification regarding agents, customers, and collaborators please refer to this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-agents-customers-and-roles

To answer your second question if you are adding the same agents (who are under Service Desk Team) from one project to another project in the same instance then it will not affect your license. 

--Ravya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Mindville Insight users, we need your help! (there might be swag involved)

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials and we want to hear from you!  ...

276 views 4 6
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you