cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find a transaction shown as warning in log file

Tim Straub June 28, 2019

Hi,

in our atlassian-jira.log there are several warnings about a transisition:

<date-time> http-nio-8080-exec-9 WARN <user> 680x1098321x1 xxxxxxxxxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/CommentAssignIssue!default.jspa [c.a.j.w.action.issue.CommentAssignIssue] The i18n key in property 'jira.i18n.description' for this transition does not contain a valid i18n key

How do I figure out what transaction in what workflow is the reason for this warning?

Thank you in advance

Tim

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Hi Tim,

I see that you are getting this warning message in the logs of Jira.  The existence of this warning is not necessarily a problem in Jira. There is a documented ticket about this in JRASERVER-67783.  While the work-around there can limit these logging messages, I think I have a way you can try to identify this workflow.

Take a look at the KB How to obtain issue change history from database It provide a SQL query you can run against the Jira database to lookup all the transitions that have happened in Jira.

I suspect you could match up the timestamp of your WARN message with the created date in that SQL query to find the specific transition event that matches here (or at least very closely approximates that time).

I tweaked that query a bit to return all transitions and order then by the time of that transition.  Perhaps that will help make this easier to find:

SELECT p.pname, p.pkey||'-'||i.issuenum as IssueKey, cg.ID, cg.issueid, au.lower_user_name, cg.AUTHOR, cg.CREATED, ci.FIELDTYPE, ci.FIELD, ci.OLDVALUE, ci.OLDSTRING, ci.NEWVALUE, ci.NEWSTRING
FROM changegroup cg
inner join jiraissue i on cg.issueid = i.id
inner join project p on i.project = p.id
inner join changeitem ci on ci.groupid = cg.id AND ci.FIELDTYPE='jira' AND ci.FIELD='status'
inner join app_user au on cg.author = au.user_key
order by cg.created desc

This should be able to give you back the issuekey of the Jira issue that matches the timestamp of the event.  From there you can try to lookup the specific workflow of that issue in order to see if you can adjust the workflow settings itself.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events