Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter requests from Jira`s web form and customers emails into the right service desk queues?

Deleted user April 12, 2018

I`ve set up the service desk and have created different queues for Support, sales, requests etc. Our customers will be able to send us requests from their own emails. but when they send to eg. sales@company.com I want these to go straight in to the right queue (Sales) automatically. 

The same when a customer uses the web form to raise a ticket. I`ve set up three different categories there as well, and would like all of the requests to eg. support, to go straight in to the support queue.

Could anyone tell me how to do this, and maybe give me an example of how it`s done (if there is a need for creating custom rules).

Regards

Espen Dahlseng

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2018

@[deleted], JSD supports a single email not multiple. So you will need some manual intervention to route to a specific queue. You can create a Triage queue for new incoming requests and the team can then review and update such that they naturally fall into the proper queue. For example you could use Components or a custom field to specify the proper support group, e.g. Sales, Engineering or whatever. You may also wish to search the Marketplace for addons that can help w/ your goals.

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

With regard to Email configuration for creating the service desk ticket:

With regard to configuring service desk queue

• Atlassian documentation  link that explains setting up queues for teams
  • Atlassian documentation  link that explains about making queues for teams

In your case, you can create three different queues for each of your request types by defining a corresponding JQL.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

@Ravi Varma

Deleted user April 20, 2018

Hi Ravi.

Thank you for your reply.

It does not answer my question.
When we as a company have several emails where customers can contact us and we have created specific queues in the Jira Service Desk for this, we need to know how this could be set up for automatic flow directly in to the correct queue.

How can we set it up so that the system reads what mail it`s being sent to?

Regard, 

Espen Dahlseng

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events