Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export user list from JIRA Service Desk?

Enkhtaivan Ganbat December 27, 2017

Our team is using JIRA Service Desk and it's at the latest version (3.5.0) as of this date, I've seen a post here saying that exporting customer list as .csv file became possible in July this year, yet I can't find the "Portal customers only" button when I navigate to "User management" section. Following is the link to that post: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/07/export-a-list-of-your-customers

5 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2018

but how much would be the price? 

The pricing is publicly available here.

is it possible to do something like:

Absolutely! Better Excel Plugin offers a public API that you can access from Groovy scripts (or Java code or any other language that can run on the JVM).

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 8, 2018

Thank your for the reply, I have one more question, It seems like I need to write a Groovy script as you suggested, how can I get the list of Organizations?, using either Groovy script, Java or JQL

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2018

You can easily send a REST call to the Service Desk API:

(There may be an alternative by using some in-process API provided by Service Desk, but approach outlined above should be the most standard and future-proof one.)

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2018

You can use our app, the Better Excel Plugin, to export user accounts from Jira and it is compatible with Jira Service Desk, too.

It is not clear whether the "customer" in your original question is an actual Jira user. If it is, then it will work.

See the tutorial

(Disclaimer: this is a paid app and I am a developer.)

excel-user-export

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 3, 2018

Yes, my "customers" are jira registered service desk users. Does your plugin export user list as excel file or .csv? or both? And why exporting user list is a built-in feature in cloud edition but not server edition?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2018

To Excel.

Excel, however, has a built-in "save as CSV" feature.

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 7, 2018

Hi again,

I've watched the Get Started video of your Better Excel add-on, it looks amazing, but how much would be the price? Our team is running Jira Service Desk with 3 agents.

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 7, 2018

Also, our department sells ERP system to customer companies which we registered as Organization on Jira Service Desk, is it possible to do something like:

(foreach O in Organizations)

{

GenerateReport();

SendViaEmail(Report);

};

0 votes
Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 2, 2018

So, it's not possible to export user list from Jira Service Desk server edition?

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

Is this related to the Server or Cloud edition of Jira Service Desk?

(I see that you linked to the cloud documentation, just double-checking...)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

He mentioned 3.5.0 in the original question and the screenshot appears to be server. If you are on server you may be able to provide screenshot/instructions.

Enkhtaivan Ganbat January 1, 2018

Yes, it is Server edition.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2017

Check and see if you have it in the main user search screen in the drop down where it likely is saying active users. 

Enkhtaivan Ganbat December 27, 2017

Thanks for the reply, but I still can't find the "Portal customers only" or the "Export user" button. Here is a screenshot of my "User management" screen. Jira user list.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

Did you look under Application Access or status drop downs? I’m not on server so my view is different. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events