Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable a conversation via e-mail

Jan Malte Berg October 26, 2018

Hi community,

I just set up the Jira ServiceDesk and added an e-mail address to fetch tickets. 
While this does work flawlessly, I wonder about how to reply to the users:

If I change something on the ticket, the user will get a notification as intended. But if I type in a reply, there is no mail whatsoever, just an entry in the "comments"-section of the ticket itself. I know, that the user can also open the ticket and read this answer there, but we want to make it appear like the whole support process is handled by mail only, just like I some other Helpdesk-Systems like e.g. OTRS. 

So is there a setting I'm missing? Or is the thing I wan't to do simply not possible 

I am a bit of a newbie to the Jira world and I could not find the proper instructions yet. So please don't be too harsh ;)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2018

If you are entering a comment and want it to go to the Customer you need to be sure to click “share with customer”. You also should check the various notification schemes for “Comment” under “customer notifications” and “notifications” depending on the users you want to be notified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events