Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design an SLA in Jira to support our on going response SLA

Gio Bacareza August 7, 2017

We have an "On Going Response" SLA which means that we need to update the customer every hour for example.

So if we respond every hour or less then we are compliant.

But everytime we respond beyond 1 hour then we are breached.

The timer restarts everytime we respond.

We've used many conditions and rules but cannot seem to make the SLA measurement in Jira work.

Any ideas how we do this?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Hi Gio,

The question @Jack Brickeyrefers to I put a lengthy reply in there on how to make that work.  The SLA won't start and stop on the same step/action.  You may need to put an interim step in there.  Automation can help out with that. 

Susan

Erwin Conchada August 9, 2017

Thanks we'll try Intenso

0 votes
Gio Bacareza August 7, 2017

From Jira documentation it says this:

"In an SLA that guarantees a fast response time from your team, time starts when the issue status is Waiting for Support and stops when the status is Waiting for Customer. Each time the issue meets the start condition, a new cycle of the SLA will begin."

This is exactly the SLA I am looking for.

But setting these conditions as stated above did not work:

Start = Waiting for Support

Stop = Waiting for Customer

How can I set this SLA?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

@Gio Bacareza, it seems you are wanting to reset the SLA? This isn't currently available. Here is another community thread on this topic.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Service-Desk-questions/Looped-SLA-for-Customer-Update/qaq-p/599699

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events