How to customize alerts to sent to service desk team from the automated rules?

Help_Desk February 26, 2018

I have create new automation rules for high priority tickets to alert the service desk team. I was wondering if it is possible to customize the alert message that go out?IT - Automation - Service Desk.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2018

It depends on what you want to achieve. You can certainly create a custom email for this. Can you be more specific on your goals.

Help_Desk February 28, 2018

For high priority tickets we wanted all service desk staff to get a notification so that it could be addressed faster.

Alert SD.png

This is the alert that gets sent out. We were just wondering if the part in red can be customized. Maybe there is a better way of doing this. I am not sure.

Also I tried using Send Email but it only gives me two options. When I trying to enter names of the service desk team it said "No matches found" and it only gives me two options.

email Service Desk.png

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

I don't see a way to edit that canned response.

With that said, if your goal is simply to raise the visibility of the higher priority issues then coupled w/ the current alert I would suggest the following. Iin the Queues section you should create a 'High Priority' triage queue and instruct the team to keep that a 0 entries at all times

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events