Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create knowledge base articles from an issue that is not Troubleshooting or How-to?

Jaïs Pingouroux January 11, 2018

Hello,

When I'm on an issue in Jira Service Desk (connected to a Confluence knowledge base), if I click on "Create an article" to create a new KB article, I only get to choose between "Troubleshooting" or "How-to".image.png

How can I add other blueprints? I created global templates in Confluence, but they don't show.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi,

I understand you are wanting to be able to create different article types aside from troubleshooting and how-to.   From looking at the documentation on using this feature, these certainly appear to be the only article types that are options at this time.

This appears to be a known features request over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-460

Sorry there does not appear to be another way to do this right now with this integration, however I would recommend watching and voting on this issue.   Should this become available at a later time I would expect this issue to be updated to indicate this.

Regards,
Andy

_Fabian A. Lopez March 18, 2021

Do you know if we can turn off that option ? I am managing articles with Comala Document Management and we have a draft space where we create articles, the JSM space connected is only for approved articles

Like Sharon Helms likes this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2021

We also have a publishing workflow, and would like to turn off the "invitation" for agents to create an article... particularly using Atlassian-chosen templates. Would love to see a change in this area, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events