Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm JIRA service desk email for gmail forwarding rule?

Jignesh Doshi July 19, 2018

I am trying to forward email coming to my Google Apps email from certain domain names only to forward to JIRA service desk email.

While setting up the forwarding rule, I added the JIRA Service Desk email provided but Google Apps Email requires a confirmation code. How do I get the confirmation code for Google Apps Email.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi Jignesh,

For you to get the confirmation code, since we don't have access to the mailbox created by Jira, you will have to let the email sent by Gmail to create a ticket in your instance.

There are two settings that you need to change:

1 - On the Project settings > Customer permissions change the option "Who can access the portal and send requests to "Project name"?" to "Anyone with an account on https://yourinstance.atlassian.net."

2 - Go to Jira Settings > Applications > Click on "Configuration" under Jira Service Desk and on "Can customers create their own accounts?", change to "Yes, by signing up or sending a request".

Then on Gmail, click to send another confirmation email to your Jira email and a ticket will be created on your instance.
On the description of the ticket, you will see the confirmation code.

Hope this helps!
If you have any other question, please let us know.

Best regards,
Angélica

Jignesh Doshi July 24, 2018

Thanks, I was able to resolve this issue by changing the first setting to:

Anyone can send a request via the portal or [custom email address].

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events