Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure single sign on as a Jira service desk customer and Confluence user

Martin Hunt June 9, 2015

Hi All,

What I'd like to achieve is a concept that enables the following:

1. Internal users are created as a customer within the only JIRA service desk project
  2. Internal users who are a customer of JIRA service desk are also granted access to Confluence as a user (standard user group without delete permissions)
  3. Users only need to create an account once using the "Anyone can sign up for a customer account" option.
  4. 2 separate URL's will be advertised to users, 1 being IT support portal and the other for confluence KB articles, document repositories etc.

I tried using self-sign up to create a cloud account for users however, this seemed to spit them into the JIRA dashboard which I assume would be confusing to them (always safe to play against the lowest common denominator).

Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way however, I'd appreciate feedback on this or alternative ways people have been accomplishing a similar task. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Hunt June 9, 2015

In the end I solved my own issue by using the dashboard and configuring a introduction with links to the published URL's we assign to users so they can see everything from one single login!

0 votes
Martin Hunt June 11, 2015

Hi Nevra,

I solved this by turning on self sign up and locking it down to the domain of my company (clicking cog - user management - sign up options).

Then I created a new dashboard layout in JIRA with an introduction applet from the available add-ins. 

So now the users don't see the system dashboard in Jira, they only see the page with links and details provided to them.

1 link points to the customer service portal URL for service desk and the other points to the Confluence Wiki pages.

They are then able to create their own accounts by hitting the .atlassian.net URL and can direct themselves from that point on without seeing more than they should. 

So this means my users take up a license in Confluence but not in Service Desk and they don't login as a technician.

Hope this helps. 

Nevra Kadıoğlu June 14, 2015

Thank you so much for your response Martin, I will try it out!

0 votes
Nevra Kadıoğlu June 10, 2015

Hi Martin, I am struggling with the same problem. Could you please give more detail as to how you were able to solve your issue?

Thank you!

NK

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events