Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Jira helpdesk to Office 365 mail server?

Rob February 21, 2018

Jira is not connect to Office 365 email server. Jira ticketing server is not able to connect the Office365 emails. Need help and thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi Rob,

I understand there are problems with trying to connect an Office 365 mailbox for use by Jira Service Desk.  However we're likely going to need more details about the error(s) that exist in the logs when this happens.

I would recommend trying to set this up once more in Jira, let us know what settings you're using (a screenshot of the config screen might be useful). 

While there are some default KBs that might be helpful such as A3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected error message when using JIRA with Office365

But if the Logs of Jira are not showing that specific error message, that KB might not apply here.

Try to recreate this problem, then navigate into the $JIRAHOME/log/ folder.  In here will be a number of log files that could be useful such as atlassian-jira.log as well as atlassian-jira-mail-incoming.log 

If Jira is having a problem connecting to this mailbox or server address, then I would expect the logs to contain more helpful information about the error.  From there we should be able to better help with this.

Regards,

Andy

Rob February 23, 2018

Sorry for the lack of information. It was implementation day for O365 and I asked one of my guys to cut a ticket for me (as me)... Turned out to be problem with the license type. Switch it to an E1 License and we could configure no problem.

All good now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events