Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default tab to internal comment

Andreas Axelsten February 25, 2015

Hi,

We have a trial version of JIRA ServiceDesk 2.3.0 and we are trying to set up a workflow. We have steg (transistion) which we call "Assign to 2nd Line". This step opens a screen with the "respond to customer" and "internal comment" tabs. How can this screen be changed so that the internal comment tab is default or the only available tab on the screen?

image2015-2-26 9:46:38.png

2 answers

1 vote
Heiko Gerlach July 3, 2017

You might want to have a look at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.accxia.sd.plugins.tailor.tailorman-sd-confirm/server/overview

It adds a confirmation dialogue to all commenting features used in Service Desk.

• Adding comment in Edit
  • Adding Comment in Workflow Transition
  • Adding Comment in Issue View
  • Adding Comment in Link Issue View
1 vote
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2015

1. Keyboard shortcut : 'G'+'G' + Start typing 'Screens' and hit Enter
2. Locate the appropriate screen ( Assign to 2nd Line) and click on the configure button under operations
3. You will see the Respond to Customer and Internal Comment Tabs, and Add Tab.
4. You may drag and drop the tabs as you like. Hence, drag the Internal Tab to be before the Respond to customer tab.

Screenshot from 2015-03-04 17:18:28.png

David Lockhart April 8, 2015

I wanted to do the same thing that Andreas Axelsten is asking but we don't see internal comment. Add comment field states that no user can add it to a screen. Is there a addon on that we need to add?

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hi David, the Internal comment feature comes together with JIRA Service Desk plugin. https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/service-desk

David Lockhart April 9, 2015

Hello Adrian, We are using the service desk. The version that we are using is 2.3.2 we have 208 of 213 modules enabled the only modules that will not let me enable are Portal Context Preprocessor, Portal Context Interceptor, SLA time remaining, sla-threshold-event-when-handler, Keep on top of SLAs.

jared m April 9, 2015

HI, I'm in the same boat, i now i can default the internal comment field with a script, but would prefer to avoid it. I'm running v2.3.3 with the same disabled plugins as David. There are no tabs to reorder on my screen.

Hantz Technology May 4, 2015

I'm having the same trouble as David and Jared. Running Service Desk version 2.4.1 with all 244 modules enabled. Any further suggestions?

jared m June 1, 2015

Is there any update on this?

Gajan Umapathy June 19, 2015

Hi Jared, Are you able to share the script used to default to the internal comment? Cheers, Gaj

René Illner October 28, 2015

Hi Gajan, a little late but better than never.. we use the following script to set the internal comment tab as default. I let the script run with every NEW_CONTENT_ADDED event and not in an interval. The solution with an interval was not nice becasue users have seen the external comment tab at first and then the hide-change in the screen. Additional feature in my example is to do that only for specific Transitions. Here the code added in the description of a used screen field: <pre> <script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function($) { JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context, reason) { hideTabPublicComment(); }); }); function hideTabPublicComment() { var transitionName = AJS.$("#issue-workflow-transition-submit").attr("value"); if ( transitionName ) { if( transitionName == "Approve" || transitionName == "Reject" || transitionName == "Restart Approval" ) { var tabs = AJS.$("#sd-comment-tabs"); if (tabs.size() > 0) { AJS.$(".js-sd-internal-comment").children("a").eq(0).click(); AJS.$(".js-sd-external-comment").hide(); } } } } </script> </pre>

daphnethunnnissen42 May 30, 2016

Does anybody know how to do this?

1. In what kind of custom field should I put the script?
  2. Where do I put the custom field?

I'm not a developer so I just want to know how to do this step-by-step.

Thanks in advance.

srmission September 6, 2016

Any one can explain how do we configure screen as shown by Adrian Stephen above?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events