How to bulk add 2000 existing jira server desk (server install) customers to an organization?

Andreas Hagglund November 19, 2017

Hi,

I have a jira service desk server install up and running with roughly 2000 active customers. Now I am setting up a new project where I need to share information among the users about the created tickets so I am trying to add the users to an organization. 

There does not seem to be a way of doing so in a time efficient way, any suggestions for how to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2017

If I understand your needs - export users to spreadsheet with their emails. Then use Concatenate to create a comma separated list of all users. Copy and paste into JSD add users to org. 

Andreas Hagglund November 20, 2017

thanks. 
It sounds like that will solve my problem. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

If it does pleas accept the answer to help others. If not let me know.

Karyn Tooke July 9, 2019

Hi - I have a similar situation but we're using Jira Service Desk cloud (we've recently moved projects & this project is locked down for security purposes). We already have the orgs set up and the next step is to retrospectively update 10,000+ tickets available to approx 3 separate orgs (with different permissions). How can this be achieved in bulk?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events