Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid overwriten permissions?

IvanK June 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Resolving permission scheme errors

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]What you mean about additional layer of permissions?

As I see, for project I can assignee only one permission scheme.

I tried to create additional role - Service Desk Advanced Users included all JIRA users, but anyway Service Desk agent overwrite this permissions.

Example:

User1 included to Service Desk Advanced Users.

User1 is not Service desk agent for this project

In permission scheme Service Desk Advanced Users have permission to Resolve issues.

Result: User1 can't Resolve issues, because Service Desk agent overwrite this permissions. I attached screenshot from permission helper.

66.png

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2016

Service Desk projects need an additional layer of permissions and rules within their permission scheme in order to handle customers and agents correctly.

What they do, why and how is an essay question, and not one that I'm qualified to write, but I can tell you the simple way to handle it - have one or more permission schemes that are for service desk projects and one or more schemes for all the non-service desk projects.  Keep them separate and you won't have any problems with it (it's rare that an SD scheme works for other types of project anyway)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2016

You said it yourself - "because Service Desk agent overwrite this permissions"

0 votes
IvanK June 3, 2016

Hello, After update of Service desk license by some reason was loaded new functions like SD aggents and permission rules. In connection of this, our custom permission scheme was broken.

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Ivan, could you explain a little more? I didn't understand. I think you could you different permission scheme to different projects is the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events