Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign default approver to a group of customers ?

Nabeel Najeeb January 20, 2020

I want to assign default Approver for a customer/organization. 

For eg: if someone from the Sales Team wants to request for an Asset via JIRA Service Desk, right now he will have to add the approver/manager by himself. Instead of that, is there any way where we can set a default approver/manager for that user ? So that the customers do not have to add approver for every tickets.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Its somewhat ambigous what you want to achieve, do you want to set a manager for a user or an organisation because the solutions will differ substantially. 

For a user you need to register more information than is possible out of the box. There are plugins which can be used to solve this like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212508/

If you want to set it for every user assigned to a customer/organisation the above will probably not work though, instead you need to have some way to assign it based on that which would probably involve either a CRM or scriptrunner solution based on what you want to achieve.  

Nabeel Najeeb January 21, 2020

The plugin you mentioned has the option to add manager for a customer. Thank you.

Now will I be able to display/populate this field in the portal request screen ? My aim is to stop the customers from manually entering their Approver's name whenever they create a ticket.

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

My thinking is that you would not display it to them at that screen. They can view their manager in the settings if they want to.

Instead you would use the workflow (see the second picture on the plugin page) to set a field by fetching the users manager. The picture says that they set asssignee but you should be able to set that to another field for example an approvers field. I have not got this plugin installed at the moment so cant test it for you though.  

Like Nabeel Najeeb likes this
Nabeel Najeeb January 22, 2020

This will help me. Thank you Mr. Krister.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events