How to apply a validator to a date picker field in JIRA Service Desk?

Jaime Ramirez September 30, 2015

I would like to apply a validator for a date picker field in JIRA Service Desk. I need to be able to select todays and future dates, but not past. I tried looking for a plug-in with a custom field, but looks like, this can be only accomplished using validators. Can someone help providing the steps on how to accomplish this for a non java script programmer? 

3 answers

0 votes
Dina Goncharenko July 11, 2016

This is such a common task...It is surprising it was not answered.

Let me know people if you need help.

Peace!

Richard Crampton September 18, 2018

Worth noting that this is a suitable solution it your validation needs to occur post-creation as part of a workflow transition.

If you want to validate a date field on creation for a particular request type, however, you will need to use Scriptrunner or similar and build a script to perform the logic you require. 

0 votes
Dina Goncharenko July 11, 2016

Hi Jaime,

1. Download JIRA Suite Utilities https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities
  2. Upgrade your JSD to 3.1.8 (a bug with the error message was fixed in that version)
  3. Go here Validators and check out this section:

Validators

Validators check that any input made to the transition is valid before the transition is performed. Input can include that gathered from the user on the transition's screen. 

If a validator fails, the issue does not progress to the destination status of the transition, and the transition's post functions are not executed. 

Adding a validator

To add a validator to a transition, edit the workflow that contains the transition, select the transition, then click Validators in the properties panel for the transition.

Not sure about that? Click here to see how...

On the Validators tab, you can see any validators that have already been set.

When you cllck Add validator you can choose from the available validators and set any necessary parameters for the validator.

Please let me know if you have questions. I will walk you thru.

0 votes
Dina Goncharenko June 10, 2016

I need to accomplish the same task, only in my case this date cannot be less than three days from today. Help please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events