Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow portal user to edit fields

Az March 21, 2018

I have a help desk project. The user always creates tickets via email. This gives us the title and description of the ticket. 

However, they now also want to be able to set the due date for the ticket.

I have added the due date field so that if user creates a ticket through the portal, then they can add this field. However I would like to know

1) How can the customer add the due date field to already existing tickets?

2) Is there a way the customer can populate this field through email?

1 answer

1 vote
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

For existing tickets, you would have to allow the user to edit issues, and that opens you up to more trouble than it's worth. I'd say get a list of due dates for current issues and then update them yourself. 

For the second part of this question, it sounds like you need an automation that will pull certain verbiage out of the email and then translate that to a due date. That is tricky and I don't have the expertise with programs like scriptrunner that could perform these actions, but you may be able to research that on your own. 

What you would likely want to do is agree on verbiage for the submitted date and proceed with the automation building from there. 

Az March 21, 2018

If we did agree on certain verbiage, then how would I get that into the ticket? 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Someone familiar with Scriptrunner would need to weigh in. 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/quickstart.html

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

Hey @Az and @Meg Holbrook

The ScriptRunner portion would only be available if you're on Jira Server. I would suggest something like a behaviour if you are on Server. Behaviours

If you have server I'll see what I can come up with for you!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2018

Thanks @Brittany Wispell

Agree on Server, cloud is a bit handicapped with the more complex requests. 

Az March 26, 2018

We are on server

BSD Admin July 24, 2018

I'm having the same problem

I did edit de global and project permissions, so my customers would edit their own comments and delete their own attachtments, but it doesnt work.

So there is no way customers can edit comments if they dont have agent license o the global permission to edit?

Please let me know.

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events