Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow customer close / reopen issue

jerome August 24, 2015

Hi,

I'd like that my customer could close or reopen and issue which is resolved on Zend Service Desk portal

How can I do ?

5 answers

6 votes
Basem Qreieyeh January 3, 2018

Hi,

you can open the workflow and create a new transition from resolved to reopen and make sure to chose the "Show transition in the customer portal" flag and you can open the configure tab and clear the resolution,

task1.png

this will make a link opened in the customer portal to response on the tasks

customer portal.png

Regards,

Jyoti Verma August 21, 2019

Thanks - it helped

Deleted user October 2, 2019

Hello,

When I create a transition, I don't get this "Show Transition in Customer portal" flag at all.

Is there another way to edit this?

Thanks

2019-10-02_16h20_41.jpg

2 votes
Lorena June 3, 2020

Does anyone know how to do this for a next-gen service desk?

Mulumba Monze July 2, 2020

Haven't found how to do it on next gen cloud service desk. Reopen closed ticket, yes via automation rules however, allowing customer to close ticket through customer portal seems to not be available in next gen cloud project

Julia Slater October 9, 2020

I managed to do it by adding a new transition from Resolved to Waiting for Support then check the Show transition in the customer portal box.

ReOpen.PNG

Damon Gaylor October 9, 2020

Thank you!! This was a big help.  The key is clicking the transition, not the status in order to see the checkbox.  Thanks for the highlight

Like # people like this
0 votes
shaijujanardhanan January 23, 2018

May be outdated now..But still adding a link so that future viewers find some helpful info.

Please see the automation rules for JIRA service desk below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html?_ga=2.84142169.1103378002.1516779768-721813269.1515405680#Automatingyourservicedesk-Setuparule

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2015

Hello Jerome, 
In additional to Arthur response, you can add a new Automation rule to re-open an issue when a user comments on the issue.

About a customer close the issue, notice that you can't go ahead with this goal right now, but we have this open suggestion request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-40 and you can even try the Service Pack for this goal: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender 

Balraj kokkanti August 24, 2017

@Paulo Hennig

We are in search of the way for reopening a ticket, currently we are following automation rule, which re opens on customer comment, here the problem is when customer type something like Thank you or some thing else the ticket is getting re opened.

In one of your service desk portal

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-25209

we see you have a link Re-Open the Resolved ticket, can you please help us in providing some information on the link set up, so that will be very helpful for our implementation.

Regards,

Balraj Kokkanti

Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Hey Balraj,
Notice that after Service Desk 3.2, it's possible to display the transition on the customer portal. So as your customers are adding new comments to closed issues, I believe the best approach to proceed with is to display the transition to reopen in the customer portal rather than having the automation rule.

However, I can only see this working when you're managing your Service Desk without email since it your users can reply to a specific notification with the intended behavior to re-create the ticket and this won't occur.

This will depend pretty much on the way your organization is running, but trying to think in another possibility to go for it, I can also see another configuration as below:

1. Create a new SLA that is fired when the issue is reopened and gets breached after ~2 days (according to your working hours and organization).
  2. Create an automation rule that is fired when this SLA gets breached, to then transition to closed
  3. Create a specific queue in your Service Desk and just filter for issues that were reopened and ensure to display the content of the last comment (that you can configure by clicking on columns)

Of course the scenario ahead will need to have at least a person to monitor after X days, but it would provide the ability to double check which issue is reopened where the customer still needs assistance. And the issues that are reopened with just a "Thank you" will transition to a closed status when the SLA we've added gets breached.

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2015

Hello Jerome,

You can setup an automation rule to have this implemented. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Sebastian Kurrek November 8, 2019

The Option is just visible if you add your work flow to a service desk Projekt. 

Think this could be the issue cause the *copy* in its name. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events