Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow anyone on the internet to log a ticket in Jira Service Desk

Michael Green March 26, 2020

Hi,

I have a requirement where I want to allow ANYONE accessing our public facing web site to be able to log a ticket in Jira Service Desk.

Ideally I'd like to be able to have their enter their details as well :

- Name

- Phone

- Email Address

- Issue or requirement

Can this be done ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

Here's a KB on How to manage access to your JIRA Service Desk cloud. So basically you'd need to set the customer permission to "Anyone can send a request without logging in". If you don't see this option under your Customer Permission settings, check you Service Desk configurations <domain>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/SDConfiguration.jspa and set the Can customers create their own accounts? field to Yes. That should enable public access option

As for the customer details, JIRA Service Desk only provides Name, email address and issues that were reported by the customer but not phone number. For that you would need a CRM add on such as JIRA Cloud for CRM or you can just add a new custom field on the request form, so your JIRA Service Desk customer can enter the phone number when creating a request.

Hope that answers your question!

Michael Green March 28, 2020

Thanks.
I first had to turn this setting on :
Can customers access and send requests from the help center without logging in?
YesNo

It was on :
Applications
Jira Service Desk configuration
https://solventgreen.atlassian.net/secure/admin/SDConfiguration.jspa
NOT
Customer permissions
https://solventgreen.atlassian.net/servicedesk/admin/BAS/customer-permissions

Once that was turned on the setting changed to :
Customer permissions
Who can access the portal and send requests to BasicServiceDesk project?
Customers my team adds to the project
Anyone can send a request without logging in
To allow only people with accounts on https://solventgreen.atlassian.net to send requests, change the Global settings.

So thanks for that anyway !

Its VERY disappointing that Jira ServicdDesk doesn't have even a basic way to capture new customer information / details 'out of the box'.
What is the best and/or easiest way to do this ? Add a new custom field to the request form ?

Michael Green March 28, 2020

OH RIGHT.... ITS THAT ATLASSIAN / JIRA STILL DOESN'T WORK IN WINDOWS 10'S DEFAULT BROWSER MICROSOFT EDGE !! Pretty Poor !!!! :(

Michael Green April 7, 2020

@Hazwan Ariffin Could I trouble you to give me a quick overview on how I might "add a new custom field on the request form, so your JIRA Service Desk customer can enter the phone number when creating a request."

I would ideally like to be able to capture :
Name:
Company / Organisation / Department (Optional):
Address:
Email:
Mobile:

Priority:

Hazwan Ariffin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

So you would want to add those fields in the request type.

You can get the name and Email from the Service Desk account. For other fields like Company, Address and Mobile, you'd need to create a custom field for that and add it to the request type.

Here's how you can do that:

1. Add the fields - https://<yourdomain>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa:

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 3.53.56 PM.png

2. Add the fields to the screen

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 3.57.20 PM.png

3. Assign the field to the request type

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 4.00.58 PM.png

Once you have done this, you would have these fields in your Service Desk portal and JIRA

Service Desk Portal:

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 7.09.19 PM.png

JIRA:

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 7.10.13 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events