Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a tag to summary but keep the user generated summary?

Juraj Kozole March 11, 2019

Hello, 

Im trying to make an automation rule when a user makes a request type for a new email account. 

Usually the user will input the name of the new user to the summary.

I would just like to edit the summary and add [ACCOUNT] into it but also keep the original text. I have made a new rule wich edits and adds [ACCOUNT] but it deletes the original summary.

What is the value for keeping user-generated text. 

Tnx

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

Hi @Juraj Kozole , are you using native automation for this? I have not attempted using the native automation TBH but would be pleasantly surprised if it supported variables. I use Automation Lite for Jira which provides functions that would work. You might want to look at their documentation.

Juraj Kozole March 11, 2019

I tried the native variables but it is not supported when editing an issue, only when a new issue is created.

I'll try your suggested plugin, tnx 

0 votes
Choon Keat Seet March 11, 2019

Hey 

It should be in your postfunction for the workflow for new email account issue type but you may need to purchase something like JSU or script runners to make it easily editable in Jira 

Script runner

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

JSU

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-suite-utilities-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

There are plenty of other apps you can use but these are easier imho

If this is the only automation you need , you might be better off creating a custom field and using the

"Update Issue Custom Field" post function that comes stock with a value you can search for. Though if you have something like "New Email Account" Issue Type you can skip the customfield and just use the JQL 

project = PROJECTNAME and issuetype ="New Email Account"

to do dashboards, gadgets etc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events