Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new field under JIRA Service Desk

Andre May 2, 2014

How to add a new field under Service Desk “Customer portal” activity type, edit form. I want to add there new visible fields.

3 answers

1 vote
Deb Martinez May 2, 2014

Sure... go to Administration > Issues > Issue Type Screen Schemes and find the Scheme that your project is using.

Click on Configure. Now find the Issue Type you are trying to add a field for. Click on the Screen Scheme for that Issue Type.

Now you can see Issue Operation for "Create Issue" and you can see the Screen for that operation. If you don't see the Create Issue operation, then use the one for "Default if no mapping exists". If you havent changed anything yet, it's probably the screen called Create Screen. Click on that Screen name.

Now you get a list of fields. These are the fields that are available to add in the Customer Portal form. You can add any fields you want to this Create Screen.

Sasha Rezvina September 28, 2018

I'm unclear on this. Where is "administration"?

1 vote
Deb Martinez May 2, 2014

By the way, I said "Edit Screen" earlier when I meant "Create Screen".

1 vote
Deb Martinez May 2, 2014

Andre,

For the fields to show up when you click on "Add Field", the field has to be on the Edit Screen for that Screen Scheme.

Andre May 2, 2014

Thank you very much, but this is my 1st day with Jira, can you explain, where I can configure/ find the "Edit Screen for that Screen Scheme", thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events