Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide the Jira Service Desk from the Main customer portal

Muhammad Bilal June 6, 2019

Hi,

We have a main customer portal that refers as below:-

https://xyz.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

When the customer login, on the page to raise a request, he can see all our projects name and to raise the ticket on the project which we do not want him to see the other project name on the same page, I have tried couple of things here tried permission issues, browse project, but all seems to be Ok, if i remove Service desk customer - portal access from the browse project, it will remove the project from the main portal, but then i have problem with that project and no once can send the request on that project also. Need to know how can i setup this. We have almost more than 30 projects, Need help ASAP. as it is kind a urgent. I am attaching the screen shot also for reference.IMAGE MAIN PORTAL.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Bilal ,

please check customers on each project and make sure that just desired customers are in that list. Moreover make sure that each project has Customers my team adds to the project (default). https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/project-customer-permissions-954239155.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi,

For some projects we do not have specific customer email address, the portal settings is open and any one can raise a request for the specific project. So what to do in this case?

Further can you please explain me step by step if possible how to solve this problem instantly, in the browse permission issues.

Looking forward to hear soon on this.

Thank you

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Bilal ,

on the customer portal, customer will show all projects in which he is able to raise tickets to. If you want to show just particular projects you should limit access to all the others by using customer permission as previously described.

At permission scheme level, ususally you have create issue permission associated to Service desk customer - portal access that is a best practice. So please, ensure that just desired customers have been defined as customer per project basis.

Fabio

Thank you @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Alright pretty much clear to me till now, how do i change the Service desk customer - portal access ( to add the customers inside in it ) not sure how i can edit this or how to create the customer per project inside this role. Where i can find the settings on the JIRA CLOUD. What i understood is i have to edit this Service desk customer - portal access as per the project right? & what if i do not have the customer email or name address, as i said i have a lot of random users who can send request via JIRA, 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Bilal ,

here the documentation about how to manage customer for your project https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/adding-customers-852724126.html

Ciao,

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

I created the customers as above the documentation you have send me, really it is not able to understand what to do next, if you see my previous question it was kind a different, How do i change the Browse project settings, SERVICE DESK CUSTOMER- PORTAL ACCESS, If i remove this, the error pops up on the Jira service desk project.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Bilal ,

permission scheme is correct so you don't need to make any update on it. Just users defined as customer can view and access the related project on the portal side.

Catherine.dicaire September 16, 2021

Hi, 

I've got the same issue, with project that I don't want to see on my portal :

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Re-Re-JIRA-Customer-portal-Turning-off-some-project/qaq-p/1698911/

In case this help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events